Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

In which I gush about functionality

Tis Monday. I think I am ok with that, I have been ok with a lot of things lately. Contentment is a beautiful thing. Had a really great weekend. For the first time in a while it felt really functional and that is a new thing I really want to master. I think the main reason is the lack of an "influence", which is hard but felt really good this weekend.

There really is no better feeling than when I finish a good book. The feeling of not being able to live without the characters. That this book has effected you so much you can't even imagine your life without it. That no book could ever be what that book was for you, and in a way that is true. But I have to remind myself that there will be another book that will effect me, just not in the same way. Last night at about ten I finished Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere". Absolutely FANTASTICAL! I can't get away from his books. There was an interview in the back of this particular copy and one of the questions was"Why are you so drawn to the mixture of realistic and Magical elements in your fiction?" and part of his answer was " I like to make the kind of fiction that allows me to write about the world I see around me, and reconfigure it as I need in order to try to make art." And that is just his appeal. It feels real at first, and then everything that you thought about the "real" world changes into something you never thought possible. I am getting to the point that I am enjoying fantasy so much I want to believe in things that may make me look crazy to others. Thank you Neil for giving me hope of magic.

Jeffery built a jump for Yuffi out of PVC. It really just reminded me that I have a lot of more work to do with her. I tried to run her along side me and to jump when we got to it, and she would jump fine, and understood that very well, but she does nothing but look at me when running along side me and sometimes nip at my heals as her herding instinct kicks in. So it is time for some leash training, which I didn't think I would have to do. Hopefully she won't reject it too bad as I have obviously taught her some bad habits with the leash, oops.

Another Fun thing I did is start some seeds in a fish tank to eventually put in my garden. I am not going to pretend like I know what I am doing when it comes to gardening or any kind of planting, but I sure love to try. Here is what they look like now. I'll post as they grow.

2 comments:

Jeffery said...

to quote myself "the exchange of a chemical shuttle ride for a paper airplane will be a tough sell." And it is, but I'm really proud of us for changing this part of us that been so prevalent. Love you much sweet lady.

Anonymous said...

I am in the middle of a book just like that. I read every chance i get, and when i cant, i get kind of upset. i would rather read than do my homework, and that is starting to have a bad effect (affect?). i can never tell which one to use. Haha. anyway, i like your fishtank. i think it is cute.
and yes, i absolutely adore my car. i already had one (a 95 dodge spirit Woohoo! lol) and saw the pinto in a back lot at a car dealership. i fell in love and had to buy it. $150 baby!!! so ya, im pretty excited. i might even turn it into a drag racer. we will see. cuz my dad has SOOO much free time to do that with me. lol.
anyway, hope things are good and healthy. i just moved in with my dad, so mine definately are.
are we going to see you this weekend?
-cc
p.s. i dont have this one, but i have myspace (myspace.com/i_luv_runnin_w_scissors) shuttup. it was late. lol
and my email is Superstarcc@msn.com
talk to you soon!
love you!