Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

EMERGENCY 2nd BLOG OF THE DAY!!!!!!

While cooking myself a delicious veggie sausage for lunch today, I looked out the window to find a little bird feeding off the seeds I recently put out for them. I mounted it right near the window so it is quite close. I very slowly went to my camera... and look what I got!!!!!! If you click on the pics, the big Pictures look a lot better. Pretty cute huh?





I used this book to figure out that they are Pine Siskins. I named this one Barney.


And then!!!!! I look out in to the yard and there was this adorable Scrub Jay! He was hard to get. They jump around all over the place, and well my camera doesn't have the best zoom. So here is what I got. This sneaky little fellow is one of many that loyally live on this property. They tend to live in the same area for long periods, and they have long relationships with one other bird, for years at a time. Fascinating, well it is to me.
CLICK ON THE PIC!!!!! Enjoy!

No comments: